For over 100 years, The University Club has provided newlyweds with an unforgettable experience that can only be found in the heart of Madison, Wisconsin.
The Club sits proudly at the end of State Street, just across from Lake Mendota and the Memorial Union; a picturesque location that provides the perfect backdrop for your special day. Inside The Club you’ll find an intimate yet vibrant space that is truly second to none. Three large rooms, featuring Tudor inspired architecture, create a charming ambiance that will whisk you and your loved ones away for the evening.
Our talented wedding staff embraces The Club’s celebrated tradition of impeccable service, exceptional cuisine, and precise attention to detail. You will receive expert guidance during the wedding planning process and flawless execution the day of the wedding ensuring a stress free day for you and yours.
We promise wonderful, made-from-scratch fare created by an extraordinary culinary team whose passion for local ingredients is evident in every meal. They welcome a creative challenge and will happily design a menu around family recipes and personal favorites, adding a unique touch to your event.
A wedding reception at The University Club is an experience unlike any other; one steeped in history and tradition. We are excited for the opportunity to continue this tradition, and to share with you the joy that The Club has given to so many others.
- Your rental fee includes exclusive use of the club and all of its facilities for 6 hours.
- We are more than happy to provide linens, napkins, votive candles, a microphone for toasts, and vases for floral at no extra charge.
- Our wedding staff will personally place all centerpieces, place cards, favors, your guest signing book and anything else you may be bringing to the venue. Simply bring it to us a few days before and we will take care of the rest.
- Our space comfortably fits groups large and small. We can accommodate up to 175 guests for dinner and 250 for receptions.
- We provide a microphone for toasts the night of the reception. A projection screen, amplifier and speaker system are all available to rent.